RAW Lasagne - Remixed 'Student' Version
As I mentioned before: students or Newbies into raw food - we do not want to spend ages in the kitchen preparing a meal. Today, I REMixed some popular recipes in the Internet of Raw Lasagne. First of all, you do not have to choose exactly the same ingredients and use only organic, ecological products. As I mentioned before in my post (read here!) - the preparation of a raw meal, and time you spend in shops looking for ingredients should not discourage us to eat RAW! :-)
Great, colorful and super-tasty. An epic evening dinner for TWO!
Mainly, we are going to focus on 2 different-fast-to-prepare sauces, which bring rainbow-flavors to our lasagne: #1Tomato-Pesto and #2 Avocado-Sauce, + #3 Raw Pasta.
TIME// ca. 20-30min(hm and how long would you do a "standard-pasta-lasagne ? ;-) almost the same or longer!
Hand Held Blender - is enough (picture!)
I have an old BRAUN blender. It is a good investment.
Food processor would be probably the most efficient solution.
- a handful of dried tomatoes, chopped (I got organic Sun-dried, with olive oil and basil)
- a handful of cashews
- a spoon of Lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- salt (optional)
- one avocado (soft!)
- a handful of fresh Basil
- 2 spoons of Lemon juice
- salt (optional)
#3 Raw Pasta
- 1 zucchini, large (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
- green leaves such us Spinach, Parsley + (Red Pepper - thinly sliced - optional)
3 easy Steps!
1. First, soak cashews in warm water (not hot! to keep enzymes!) for few minutes. Repeat the same with dried tomatoes. In the meantime, slice your zucchini, tomato, Red Pepper... (very thinly!)
2. Next, Place all Pesto ingredients in a bowl/your blender and blend till creamy.
3. Now blend all Sauce ingredients till creamy.
Time to build your lasagne!
- Take a few pieces of zucchini and place on plate.
- Next top it off with Sauce. Next Spinach.
- Again zucchini layer. Next few slices of tomatoes and top it off with Pesto. Repeat Layers!
And the dinner is served, folks :-)