i started to research more on the coo-relation of FOOD and Intelligence as well as FOOD and longevity.
Firstly I re-read again 80/10/10 by Dr. Graham, and later i came up to this post of Abhasian people of Russia. (Since my gens are Polish, i could imagine that their diet wuld fit me best).
It was really interesting to find out:
What Do Abkhasians Eat?
by Fanatic Cook: Longevity in Abkhasia
The following are quotations from "Healthy At 100":
- The traditional Abkhasian diet is essentially lacto-vegetarian, with a rare serving of meat.
- Abkhasians usually begin breakfast with vegetables [watercress, green onions, radishes in spring; tomatoes, cucumbers in summer and fall; pickled cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, cabbage, onion in winter]. No dressings are used.
- They drink one or two glasses a day of a fermented beverage called 'matzoni', made from the milk of goats, cows, or sheep.
- At all three meals, the people eat their "beloved abista", a cornmeal porridge, always freshly cooked and served warm.
- If they get hungry between meals, Abkhasians typically eat fruit in season from their own orchard or garden. ... Cherries and apricots in the spring. Throughout the summer there are pears, plums, peaches, figs, and many kinds of berries. In the fall there are grapes and persimmons, as well as apples and pears. Fruit that is not eaten fresh is stored or dried for winter use.
- With rare exception, vegetables are eaten raw.
- Freshness of food is considered paramount.
- Nuts [almonds, pecans, beechnuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts] play a major role in Abkhasian cuisine and are the primary source of fat in the Abkhasian diet. Virtually every meal contains nuts.
- Abkhasians eat relatively little meat. ... Even then, the fat of the meat or poultry is never used. ... The Abkhasians do not care at all for fatty dishes.
- Abkhasians also consume no sugar, little salt, and almost no butter.
- Most Abkhasians consume less than 2000 calories a day. ... Overeating is considered both socially inappropriate and dangerous.
- Abkhasians are universally very strong and slender people, with no excess fat on their bodies. They eat slowly and chew thoroughly.